People will always talk. So just give them a good story to talk about! No matter where you go or who you see, or even WHAT you talk about, theres always that little thing you're going to do. Gossip.
Its not just a girl thing, do you really think guys get their information by reading a book or observing? Heck no. They gossip just as much, to know what went down with who. Who had that wam bam thank you maam, and who walked away with no shame, or fame.
Some of these gossip stories turn into lies, and can just ruin a life. Or it can be a story that makes someones day, or have them find a wife. (yes, you know like some idiots do wasted out of their minds in Vegas?) Anyways, why are you going to complain about gossipers? Just make your story worth enough for someone else to talk about. You're nobody until you're talked about. - That even Gossip Girl states.
Besides knowing things why do we gossip?
- It could be to feel accomplished. By knowing someone Else's business that trashes them, it makes you look better so you want to go out and tell other people. There always has to be someone below you to make you feel superior.
- Sometimes we do it to feel part of a group. Have nothing else to talk about? Well that's why you talk about someone else. It might just be the only thing you have in common with a person and make you best friends.
- Buying attention is the biggest one. It makes you feel scandalous, and even if its for 5 minutes, you still get all eyes and ears on you to hear what you have to say. Who doesn't want to be the center of attention. Its a great feeling ;)
- Sometimes we are in the need to gossip because we want revenge. Indirectly perhaps, but that raging fire that's building in us makes us want to tell some juice to someone that has no right to the information. Whether its due to anger or jealousy, hey gossip is useful.
- Some people gossip because they have absolutely nothing better to do. So they create drama, and hope to focus on someone else's life as opposed to looking at their own. Clearly Gossip is the main focus.
Not all gossip is bad though.Some can be praising! For example talking about how great someone is at something they do. But if anything gossip can be great for bringing that self esteem up. Who knew that harmless chit chat, may make you think you've got less fat. Not saying anyone does! But just a saying. We all have our moments, and everyone does it, so is this something we get over? Yes its bullying and it will be around for a while, but you might as well make use of it if its going to stay for a while!